Welcome back to the Proje’ blog! This week we’re putting your accessories back in the spotlight but not to encourage you to buy more necessarily. Instead, we want to help you understand how to make the most out of the ones you buy, so that they last as long as possible. Of course, we love it when you buy our products, but we also want you to get value for money and to see how great they really are. That’s the Proje’ way!
Microfiber Towels and Wash Mitts
Microfiber is the cornerstone of any great detailing kit. As microfiber is synthetic, it can be designed to do specific tasks. You can make the fibers thicker, rougher or smoother during the design process. At Proje’, our microfiber is designed specifically to work on the surfaces of your car. That means no scratching, no streaks and no tiny bits of dirt left on your vehicle. These towels aren’t like the ones you get in your homes – no sir. These are your car towels and they require slightly different treatment.
- Wash your towels in order of cleanliness – your wash mitt should be kept separate from your microfiber towels.
- Wash cleaner towels before dirtier mitts. Use hot water when you machine wash; remember that our microfiber towels get even softer with each wash!
Don’t use any fabric softeners, as they cause the microfibers to clog and matt
- If you want to machine dry your towels and mitts, do so on the lowest heat setting. You can also air dry them, which will ensure that none of the fibers get fried.
The other main group of accessories you might have in your detailing artillery, is a set of brushes. Our accessories include a barrel brush, rim cleaning brush andtire dressing short handle brush for your wheels, and an easy reach crevice brush and carpet and upholstery brush for interior scrubbing. With all these brushes, the key is to keep the fibers happy. You don’t want to leave the brushes around with loads of debris caught up in them, and you don’t want to let crud dry on the fibers, causing them to become hard or twisted out of shape. Fortunately, it doesn’t take much to do this.
- Give your brushes a good wash in a bucket after use. Use a bit of Vital Car Wash Soap to help you strip away any oil or debris from the brush fibers.
- Pat the fibers dry with a towel after washing – it is important not to leave your brushes wet. This will reduce the life of the brush.
- Store somewhere dry and avoid exposing the brush fibers to extreme heat. As a rule of thumb, don’t store multiple brushes with the fibers touching each other, as this makes it more difficult to stop moisture and dirt collecting.
And that’s it! Just by following these quick, simple tips, you can add months or even years to your detailing accessories!
We hope you’ve enjoyed reading this week’s blog – stay tuned for more tips and tricks next week. We’re going to feature more of our kits each month too, so keep an eye out for more great all-in-one deals and some incredible discounts!If you have any questions about any of the techniques or products that I’ve mentioned in this post, just add a comment below and we’ll post a reply! Remember that we stock only the best auto detailing supplies, so why not click some of the links in this blog post, or visit our products page to find out more? From all of us at Proje’, Enjoy the Process!