Welcome back to the Proje’ blog! Today, we’re going to focus on a product that should be the cornerstone of your ceramic game – the glue that holds the whole thing together.
While ceramic coatings deliver effective, beautiful results, you won’t get the perfection you’re striving for without a clean, well-prepared surface to work on to begin with. Our Prep Spray helps you to put on a pristine, uniform protective coat by removing all old polish, wax and sealant from the surface of your car. Often, these spent leftovers can clog up the pores of your surface, which reduces the effectiveness of a new ceramic coat. In addition, small amounts of old polish or sealant can hide imperfections in your paintwork, such as small scratches or swirls which need addressing in order to get the maximum amount of protection. Proje’ Prep Spray ensures that everything is removed, so you can start again from zero.
The idea behind Prep Spray, then, is threefold:
- Revealing – Prep Spray removes old polish to reveal imperfections and scratches so that you can deal with them effectively
- Lubricating – Natural lubrication ensures that no new scratches are introduced, so you can really get your elbows out and work up a sweat without worrying about damaging the paintwork
- Preparing – Removes old wax and sealant in preparation for a brand-new protective coat – of course, this is where the ceramic detailing process comes in. If you prepare your surface well and then add an effective layer of ceramic – like our ceramic coating – then you’ll get effective protection for up to a year as well as that signature Hollywood shine.
How to use Prep Spray
, and by the way, Prep Spray is super quick and easy to use! You can apply it directly to the surface of your vehicle. Simply spray, wait 30 seconds to a minute, then wipe away with a clean microfiber cloth. Don’t worry about applying too much pressure; the natural lubricant within Prep Spray ensures that there is no harmful friction. Check out these three easy steps below:
1) Make sure you’re working on a clean, dry surface by washing your paintwork first with Vital Car Wash Soap.
2) Prep Spray can be applied directly to the surface of your vehicle. Simply spray, wait 30 seconds to a minute, then wipe away with a clean microfiber cloth. Don’t worry about applying too much pressure; the natural lubricant within Prep Spray ensures that there is no harmful friction.
3) Repeat until the entire area has been sprayed. Now, you’re ready to apply your ceramic coat. Check out our Ceramic Spray Coating here.
Remember, Prep Spray is the perfect way to prepare your paintwork. It’s safe to use on all forms of paintwork and other surfaces, evaporates quickly and helps to highlight minor defects and scratches to make your ceramic coating more effective afterwards.
We hope you’ve enjoyed reading this week’s blog – stay tuned for more tips and tricks next week. We’re going to feature more of our kits each month too, so keep an eye out for more great all-in-one deals and some incredible discounts!
If you have any questions about any of the techniques or products that we’ve mentioned in this post, just add a comment below and we’ll post a reply! Remember that we stock only the best auto detailing supplies, so why not click some of the links in this blog post, or visit our products page to find out more? From all of us at Proje’, Enjoy the Process!