Welcome back to the Proje’ blog! Last week, we took a look at one of our serious, pro range products to focus on getting rid of metallic debris from around your wheels. This week, we’re going to keep going low, but shift our attention to tires and trim.
Getting a stunning looking vehicle isn’t just about working on that particular part – it’s about complementary aesthetics. That means that if you’ve worked on your wheels, it won’t look as good if you haven’t also made an effort on your tires. But if you do both, then wow – the results really stand out. So, it makes sense to use that you start with your wheels (and take a look at last week’s blog for guidance), then move onto tires and trim. And of course, we’ve got two fantastic products for you…
Fusion Tire Dressing - Shine to Match Shine
The thing we love most about Fusion Tire Dressing is that you can use it to match your taste and your bodywork, getting deeper, slicker blacks depending on what you want. But rather than needing serious pro technique, this is a super easy product to use and because it’s water-based, it won’t degrade your tires or remove that all-important antiozonant, so you won’t get any cracking on your tire surface.
It’s really as simple as this: applying multiple coats and leaving the dressing for longer periods will produce deeper blacks. So, if you prefer a slightly lighter color to match your bodywork, then remove it after a few minutes and only use 1 or 2 coats.
The other thing we need to mention is the dreaded sling. When we talk about slinging, what we mean is your tire dressing flying off the tire and going all over your bodywork. Disaster. But the reason this happens is that other products sit on top of the tire, whereas our water-based Fusion Tire Dressing is absorbed by the tire, so you get maximum sticking, and absolutely no slinging.
Using Fusion Tire Dressing
- Start on clean, dry tires – there’s always a spare 15 minutes for Vital Car Wash Soap over at Proje’! Then, once you’re ready, put a generous amount of Fusion Tire Dressing on a Blue Applicator Pad and let’s get started!
- Go from the bottom of the tire and move towards the top, evenly applying the Fusion Tire Dressing onto the face of the tire. Then, leave it for about ten minutes – go make a coffee!
- Reach for a Black Mamba Trim towel and wipe away the dressing. That’s it – no rinsing, no extra cleaning!
- Remember we mentioned tailoring the color? Well, if you want a deeper shine, just go ahead and repeat steps 1-3 again, as many times as you like. That’s really it – no other secrets!
Done? Now, your tires are a deep black with an outstanding shine. But of course, we need the trim to match so that the complementary aesthetics are really in full swing (not sling!) So, let’s move onto our trim with Alpha Trim Gel.
With Alpha, a little really does go a long way, so you get more bang for your buck, as well as immediate, long-lasting effects!
The Formula for Success
Our gel is super thick, and we’ve done this deliberately, so you don’t get drips during application, and it’ll also dry almost immediately, meaning that results are visible in a matter of seconds, free from smudges or streaks. (If you want a more scientific explanation, Alpha Trim Gel works by filling the plastic of your trim with special polymers that soak in, protecting it from harmful rays.) And because it’s a water-repellent gel, Alpha also acts like a seal, protecting from fading and contamination. If you’re a regular Proje’ customer, you’ll already know how much we love it when our products perform two tasks in one – and here’s yet another example of that with Alpha!
Using Alpha Trim Gel
- Again, using a Blue Applicator Pad (we like to have multiple pads for different tasks, as it makes cross-contamination impossible), just apply a small circle of gel. You’ll be surprised how little you need!
- Apply the gel in small stages, with three or four rubs per section before moving on. You’ll notice an immediate result as you go, and it also means that you can compare the color as you move, keeping everything nice and uniform.
- Wipe any excess residue way from the trim surface using our Black Mamba 16 x 16 Wheel and Trim Towel.
The whole process will only take you 10 minutes – add that to another 10-15 minutes with Fusion Tire Dressing, and you’ve completed two brilliant, complementary processes in half an hour max – and when combined with last week’s blog, the bottom of your vehicle will now be looking incredible. Time to kick back and relax – you’ve earned it!
We hope you’ve enjoyed reading this week’s blog – stay tuned for more tips and tricks next week. We’re going to feature more of our kits each month too, so keep an eye out for more great all-in-one deals and some incredible discounts!
If you have any questions about any of the techniques or products that we’ve mentioned in this post, just add a comment below and we’ll post a reply! Remember that we stock only the best auto detailing supplies, so why not click some of the links in this blog post, or visit our products page to find out more? From all of us at Proje’, Enjoy the Process!