How to Remove Chocolate Stains on Your Upholstery
Welcome back to the Proje’ blog! This week, it’s the dreaded chocolate. We’ve all been there – a craving you just can’t shake. You should probably wait until you’re home, but it’s too tempting, so you hastily remove it from its wrapper and cram it in. But then, disaster! You drop a bit or absent-mindedly wipe your hand and now there’s a chocolate stain. In the back of your mind, someone is screaming “Nothing gets chocolate out!”
Well, they’re wrong. And here’s how to do it.
Removing Chocolate from Regular Upholstery
- The first step is to get some ice spray from a store. Ice hardens the chocolate stain, making it easier to remove. If it’s still wet and sticky, you’ll wipe it in deeper. Get it firm first.
- Once the stain has hardened, you can scrape away the top layers – just use your car’s ice scraper or a knife from your kitchen but be gentle – you don’t want to damage the upholstery!
- Now it’s time for our benchmark fabric upholstery. Its unique formula makes it easy to achieve perfect results with minimal effort. All you need to do is spray, then leave for five minutes. You can achieve perfect results with minimal effort, which makes Benchmark Fabric Cleaner the best car interior cleaner for those who want to achieve fantastic results in a short space of time. This is a lather cleaner designed to lift and remove stains, set debris and nasty odors from your carpets, fabrics and upholstery without leaving a chemical smell or risking the more sensitive fabrics in your vehicle. It is ammonia-free, bleach-free and solvent-free, so you clean and protect the interior of your vehicle at the same time, restoring the quality of your fabric and leaving you with a good-as-new look to your interior.
- Give the spray 5 minutes to work, then reach for the carpet and upholstery brush. Our carpet and upholstery brush is heavy duty in that it’s extremely well-made and sturdy as well as being really easy to hold in your hand, but this particular work should be fairly gentle as the spray will have done its job.
- Give the area a good scrub, then grab a microfiber towel, wet it with a big of regular tap water and give the area a final dab. Then leave to dry (or use a hairdryer) and you’re done!
After you’ve finished, repeat the entire process as many times as is required to lift every last bit of chocolate out of the fabric. You’ll probably only need to do it once though!
Removing Chocolate From Leather
Leather is a specialist material, so we don’t treat it the same way. Now sure, you can use our benchmark fabric upholstery on your leather and it will probably do a really good job 9 times out of 10. It certainly won’t do any harm to your leather. But, for that one time when the chocolate stain is a bit older and set deep, you want to use a product that’s specifically targeted towards cleaning leather. Our Alpha Interior Cleaner & Leather Cleaner quickly and gently cleans all types of surfaces including leather, vinyl and plastic. It removes dirt, oil, and tough stains and grime. It is a non-toxic cleaner that is made in small batches to ensure quality and effectiveness. It will penetrate your leather and work from the inside to lift out dirt, oil and grease and preserve the quality with no residue or deterioration.
Repeat the process above, but replace the benchmark with the leather cleaner and the carpet upholstery brush with our Easy Reach Crevice Brush. This brush is designed to remove stains but be soft enough that they will not damage the integrity of even your softest surfaces – like leather. Get a good lather with the brush, then use your microfiber towel to wipe away the.
Again, you might find you need to repeat this process a couple of times to get the stain completely out, but it will work!
We hope you’ve enjoyed reading this week’s blog – stay tuned for more tips and tricks next week. We’re going to feature more of our kits each month too, so keep an eye out for more great all-in-one deals and some incredible discounts!If you have any questions about any of the techniques or products that I’ve mentioned in this post, just add a comment below and we’ll post a reply! Remember that we stock only the best auto detailing supplies, so why not click some of the links in this blog post, or visit our products page to find out more? From all of us at Proje’, Enjoy the Process!