Throwback Clay Lube
- WORKS WITH A VARIETY OF CLAY APPLICATORS - The versatile Clay Lube works with all types of clay, whether bars, mitts, towels, and discs.
- MINIMIZE FRICTION BETWEEN CLAY AND SURFACE - Specially made for maximum lubricity for the safest possible claying. Throwback Clay Lube is specially formulated with wetting agents to increase lubricity and reduce friction, making your claying process more effective while ensuring you do not scratch your paint.
- A CUT ABOVE THE REST - When using clay without enough lubricant can cause marring and leave small, difficult to remove, pieces of clay behind. Remove overspray, tree sap, road grime, bugs, brake dust, industrial fallout, etc. that embed into the surface of the clear coat of your vehicle.
- EXTEND YOUR APPLICATORS USE - Throwback Clay Lube also helps extend your clay bar's life by giving it the lubricants it needs to last for multiple applications. Works perfectly with traditional clay bars, clay mitts, towels, and even clay discs.
- SAFE ON ALL SURFACES - The PH-neutral formula is safe on all surfaces like paintwork, glass, plastic, and metal for a smooth feel.
The classic way to produce the smoothest finish. The versatile Throwback Clay Lube works with all types of clay, whether bars, mitts, towels, and discs. Specially made for maximum lubricity for the safest possible claying. Throwback Clay Lube is specially formulated with wetting agents to increase lubricity and reduce friction, making your claying process more effective while ensuring you do not scratch your paint. Remove overspray, tree sap, road grime, bugs, brake dust, industrial fallout, etc. that embed into the surface of the clear coat of your vehicle. Throwback Clay Lube also helps extend your clay bar's life by giving it the lubricants it needs to last for multiple applications. The PH-neutral formula is safe on all surfaces like paintwork, glass, plastic, and metal to produce a smooth finish
Proje is a proud US Manufacturer based in Los Angeles County California. With more than 25 years of car care manufacturing experience, our passion has always been on providing quality products that provide quality results and keeping vehicle surfaces healthy and clean. Make the Process easier and enjoyable with Proje.
How To Use
Remove Contaminants - Wash the entire vehicle with the 2 bucket method using Proje’s 3.5 Gallon Wash Bucket, Green Wash Mitt, and Vital Car Wash Soap to remove as much large dirt and dust as possible. Rinse thoroughly.
Prep the Clay - Break off a piece of the Traditional Clay Bar that is either ½ or ¼ of the bar. Knead the clay to make it pliable. Flatten into a disc shape just large enough to fit between your index, ring, and pointer finger.
Spray Lubricant - Working in a 2’ x 2’ section generously spray the Throwback Cay Lube on the section of the car ensuring it is saturated
Pro Tip: It is best to work from the top down – saving the dirtiest parts of the car for last.
Begin Claying - Lightly spray the Clay Bar with the Throwback Clay Lube then using light pressure in a back-and-forth motion to remove contaminants. Continue working on an area until the clay slides effortlessly across the surface. Stubborn contamination may require more passes or more lubrication to remove.
Pro Tip: Don’t rub in a circular motion. It’s more likely to create scratches from contaminants embedded in the clay when using circular motions.
Don’t Forget to Knead the Clay - Knead the clay after every few sections or when full of contaminants to avoid micro scratches on your vehicle's surface..
Pro Tip: Keep an eye on the clays surface to ensure it’s clean, if full of contaminants knead clay over to a clean section.
Repeat Steps 3 & 4 when until all sections of the car are clayed
Remove Excess Clay Lube - Once complete, rinse the entire vehicle again to remove residual clay bar lubricant or washing solution. Dry the surface with a Proje’s 800 GSM Microfiber Drying Towel.
Paint is now ready for a protective layer – either the Proje’s Carnauba Wax, 1-Year Ceramic Coating, or 5-Year Ceramic Coating*.
*Highly Recommend a paint correction before applying 5-Year Ceramic Coating
Reviews on TrustPilot, Amazon, and Facebook
This takes the anxiety of when to buff off from “flash times.” I purchased the prep and ceramic bottle bundle, and the process was extremely easy, leaving a deep and glossy shine. I saw the ad on social media and decided to give them a chance, I’m glad I did! I’ll definitely be using their products for a long time.
I was skeptical when I first saw the ad for the ceramic coating, I purchased a bottle and tried it and I was amazed by the results! I almost purchased a tiny bottle from another company for over $150 I am glad I came across this before I did! Yes I use proje products on my nissan skyline r32!!
This stuff is amazing. I’ve tried a few other sio2 coating and of course butter wax and things. But this stuff blows them all away! Awesome shine. Awesome hydrophobic properties. Nothing wants to stick to my truck now. Just wash away with water! Awesome product! I’m satisfied.